Balloon Wall Or Balloon Garland For Your Next Event?
Balloon wall and balloon garlands have become very popular over the last few years with celebrities such as Khloe Kardashian and Blake Lively having them at their events. If you are looking for Insta worthy selfie then a balloon installation is definitely a must! Balloon walls also make amazing backdrops to accompany any photo booth hire!
Should I Try & Make A One Myself?
Before you fall completely in love with a balloon set up that you have seen on Pinterest, and try to take it on yourself. There are a few points to be aware of. Balloon walls are not a wedding DIY project.
- You will need a professional team of stylists or someone who has completed one before. A balloon installation will need a minimum of two people as there will be quite a few balloons to blow up and tie.
- Most balloon garlands will take a couple of hours, however, larger installations will take significantly longer.
- The balloons will need to be secured well otherwise they may float off. You will need to find a structure like an arch or make something for them to be tied to.
- Talk to your venue to check that they are happy with you installing the balloon wall or garland in the venue. They may even have some tips or a previous client may have already completed one.
- If you are going for a floating effect then you will need to purchase some helium as pumping them with air will leave them flat and floppy. However, helium can be expensive. We found a small tank (which will fill up fifteen 11 inch latex balloons. Whereas, a 25ft balloon arch from a professional balloon company will be in the region of £250. The costs for a large installation incorporating large and small balloons will differ but this gives you a ballpark figure to work from.
- Helium will also escape slowly over several hours. Therefore, if the balloon wall is being created the day before the event it may be best to top them up on the day of the wedding to make sure that they are looking their best.
- Helium is not flammable but it is recommended that balloons are kept away from naked flames and candles.
If you would like to add on a balloon wall or garland as a backdrop at your next event please contact us to discuss in more detail.