A hybrid event is a tradeshow, conference, seminar, workshop or another meeting that combines a “live” in-person event with a “virtual” online component.
Since the start of 2020 hybrid events have become more and more popular in the industry due to COVID-19. With many events being postponed or even cancelled this year a lot of organisers are opting for hybrid events to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Hybrid events can also be attractive as they allow for a great number of participants who may not have been able to attend due to location or timing.
Generally, the virtual component involves an online representation of the live event. For example, online participants might have access to:
- Live audio or video streaming of keynote speakers or workshops alongside their presentation material.
- Online presentations.
- Hybrid Webcast with synchronized slides alongside the live and archived webcast video presentation.
- Creation of a live commentary or transcript of proceedings.
- Online chat or discussion forum facilities.
- Live blogs.
- Event photographs.
- Integration of other social media tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
How can your business or brand engage with customers at a hybrid event?
Many brands have been utilising the many advantages of our Virtual Photo Booths since the start of the pandemic as they struggled to engage and interact with their audience. Now with more and more hybrid events popping up we are seeing an increase of more businesses looking for unique and interactive ways to connect with their customers.
Features of our Virtual Photo Booth
- Browser-based (no apps to download)
- Globally accessible
- Multiple experiences (still photos, GIFs & Boomerangs)
- Fully customisable microsite, gallery & emails
- AI Background removal
- Data capture
- Built-in competitions